Friday, March 29, 2013

Rustic DIY Flower Vases

After completing my DIY burlap wreath I had a lot of leftover burlap, twine and white pillow case fabric. What to do with it all?

On Pinterest I'd seen some really cute centerpiece ideas – most notably, those using soup cans for vases. I'd already cleaned up and been using three such cans on my table for flowers, but they seemed a bit plain (I'd done nothing with the soup cans).

I'd originally thought to tie raffia around them, but then they still seemed a touch boring.

Well, since I had this leftover burlap and pillow case fabric, why not add that to my little soup can vases? So I did – and I'm quite pleased with the results!

For the first soup can, I covered it entirely with the burlap, but for the remaining two I trimmed the burlap to fit in the center of two of the soup cans. I like both methods but I think I like the vases where I can still see the soup can.

After attaching the burlap with the glue gun I cut some of the pillow case fabric to apply in the middle for some contrast. Then it was time to tie on some twine to complete the look.

And there you have it – cute little DIY rustic flower vases for a fun centerpiece.

0 comments:

Post a Comment