While home this weekend, my mom shocked me by showing me HER new laundry soap: a homemade, easy and quick, do-it-yourself powder that takes only minutes to make.
DIY Laundry Soap
How To Make Detergent:
- Grate the soap with a cheese or hand grater
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly
- Store in covered container
To Use in Laundry:
- Use 2 tablespoons per normal load of laundry; 3 TBLS for heavily-soiled loads
- Note: this laundry soap will not make many suds
- Safe to use in High Efficiency (HE) washers
- When using this laundry detergent, you might find it's necessary to use less fabric softener (or none at all)
- Make sure to stir the powdered detergent thoroughly before each use to ensure you're getting all three ingredients in each scoop
I used this wonderful, homemade laundry detergent for a few loads of laundry and everything came out smelling clean, fresh and was very soft (even the laundry items I line-dried). I will now be making my own laundry soap from here on out! Now to get The Husband on board...
*Photo by Sarah B. Danks*